12-Step Daoyin Health Preservation Exercises
Designed and compiled by the Chinese Health Qigong Association, it consists of 12 steps of exercises adapted from over 50 routines of Daoyin. Health QiGong developed since 1974 by Zhang Guangde, a professor from the Beijing Sports University.
This new set of Qigong exercises combines Daoyin with healthcare, limb exercises, and mental and spiritual relaxation. The 12 steps flow harmoniously from one movement to the next.
Based on the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine, it concentrates on the Zang Fu organs comprising the heart, liver, spleen, lung, kidney, gall bladder, stomach, small and large intestine and bladder. It works the meridians, balancing yin and yang, the Five Elements, Qi and blood. It can be practiced in both seated and standing positions and the movements are graceful and easy to learn and are suitable for all ages. The stands are effective for promoting good health, cultivating the spirit and prolonging life expectancy.
the movements standing and seating positions are:
· Beginning of Heavens Creation (Qian Yuan Qi Yun)
· Double Fish Hung on the Wall (Shuang Yu Xuan Ge)
· Old Horse is Stabled (Lao Ji Fu Li)
· Ji Chang Shoots a Louse (Ji Chang Guan Shi)
· Bending the Body to Brush the Shoes (Gong Shen Dan Xue)
· Rhinoceros Gazes at the Moon (Xi Niu Wang Yue)
· Lotus Flower Appears Above the Water (fu Rong Chu Shui)
· Golden Rooster Heralds the Dawn (Jin Ji Bao Xiao)
· Wild Geese Land on the Beach (Ping Sha Luo Yan)
· White Crane Flies High in the Clouds (Yun Duan Bai He)
· Phoenix Salutes the People (Feng Huang Lai Yi)
· Qi and Breath Return to the Origin (Qi Xi Gui Yuan)
Disclaimer - The information provided in the Healer Within Medical Qigong Video is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Never disregard professional medical advice, or delay in seeking it, because of something you have read on this website. Never rely on information on this website in place of seeking professional medical advice. Please consult your physician or other healthcare provider before starting a mind-body practice program like the Healer Within Medical Qigong Video Program.